As part of my participation in a sponsored campaign on behalf of One2One Network, I received a free Evenflo Platinum Symphony™ DLX All-In-One Car Seat to review. As always, all opinions stated below are my own.
Before I get into the review, I wanted to share some of the carseat's advertized features:
1. All-in-One Carseat- Accommodates children ranging from 5-110lbs, making it the only carseat you'll ever need.
2. OUTLAST® Performance Fabrics- Balances your child’s body temperature for a safer, more peaceful ride. OUTLAST® Performance Fabric absorbs hot and cold temperature, releasing as needed.
3. Buckle Pockets- Buckle Pockets neatly and smartly tuck the buckle tongues away — making it easier and safer to get a child in and out of the seat. No more digging around for lost buckles or hot buckle tongues during warm weather that can burn your child.
4. e3 Side Impact™- e3 Side Impact™ Protection significantly reduces the forces in side impact crashes through advanced energy absorption and an expanded zone of protection.
5. SureLATCH® Technology- Advanced LATCH Technology for a secure installation in seconds. Simply click the LATCH into your vehicle and push down to hear and feel the seat auto tighten.
6. Infinite Slide™ Harness- Provides an easy, safe, accurate fit and eliminates any need for harness re-threading as your child grows.
7. Upfront Harness Adjustment- Easily adjust the 5-point harness from the front of the car seat, making it easier to get your child in and out.
8. Upfront Multi-Position Recline- Upfront multiple position recline for child’s comfort while asleep or awake.
9. Machine-Washable Pad- Easy-off, machine-washable car seat pad requires no harness re-threading
10. Cup Holder- Integrated, dual, cup holders for easy access to drinks.
11. Head and Body Pillow- Removable head and body pillow for additional comfort and support.
Now I will discuss some of these features from my point-of-view:
OUTLAST® Performance Fabrics
One of the first things I noticed when taking the carseat out of the box was how soft and comfortable the fabric feels. It turns out, this is no ordinary fabric. With the introduction of the Platinum Protection Series of carseats, Evenflo has incorporated NASA-developed Outlast technology, which regulates the temperature of the fabric to keep babies and toddlers comfortable during hot and cold weather.
I obviously can't tell you how well this works since I don't sit in the carseat myself, but I can tell you that since installing this car seat in our truck, Eva hasn't complained about the seat being too hot or too cold when she gets in it. Since my husband and I only have one vehicle at the moment, I usually drive him to work at around 5:30am, and it has been very cold most mornings. I can usually keep Eva asleep between the bed and the truck, but sometimes when she was placed in her old carseat she would wake up and cry and complain about the seat being too cold for about half of the car ride before finally falling back asleep. Since installing this carseat, she hasn't complained once. I've even managed to keep her completely asleep throughout the transition. So, I think that's a good sign?
All I know is, the less Eva complains the less stressed out I am and the better able I am to focus on driving. Did you know that new moms are 300% more likely to get into an accident because of the distraction an upset baby can cause? If this fabric really does work, it can definitely help to ensure a safer, more peaceful ride for both mom and child and help prevent an accident from ever happening.
This is one of my personal favorite features of the carseat. How annoying is it when you put your child in the carseat and then have to fish the buckles out for under her bum and behind her back? And how uncomfortable it must be for her when the buckles are too cold or hot... The buckle pockets are an easy solution to this problem and I really don't know why nobody thought of that sooner.
This is the feature we had a little trouble with and is probably my only complaint about the car seat. We drive an F-150, which has a really nice, big backseat. The SureLATCH just barely worked for us. We really had to tug on the belt to get it to buckle in. And I guess this makes the carseat feel nice and snug and secure, but I'm a little worried about what it will do to the seats of my truck over time.
Infinite Slide™ Harness & Upfront Harness Adjustment
I have to say, this is one of the easiest carseats I've ever had to deal with as far as adjusting the straps go. Tightening and loosening the straps and adjusting them as your baby grows can be such a pain in the butt with some carseats. Evenflo has really figured out how to simplify things with this carseat.
Just last week Eva had an accident in her old carseat, and we had to take it out, spray it down and all that. (That's actually when we decided to finally install the new carseat we received from Evenflo.) A machine-washable pad is super convenient when you have a toddler who still has the occasional accident.
What I really, really love about the cup holders in this carseat (besides the fact that there's TWO!) is that they aren't enclosed all the way around. Instead, there is a piece of elastic on either side. Do you know what this means? It means that when my toddler decides to mash bits and pieces of food and crumbs in the cup holder, I can easily wipe them off the side instead of having to dig and maneuver the wipe around, etc. I love this. My husband, on the other hand, doesn't like it at all. He'd rather clean the gunk out of the cup holder than let it fall around the rest of the car. I guess it's a matter of personal preference. I figure that if my daughter doesn't think her food will stay in the cup holder, she'll be less likely to stick in in there and more likely to just ask me to hold it for later.
Head and Body Pillow
This is another great feature of the carseat relating to comfort. The plushness of the seat is another thing I really liked about this carseat. There is so much more head support for Eva when she falls asleep in the seat.
So that's what I thought of the carseat. To read more about it or purchase one for your baby, click here to find it over at Babies "R" Us.
I'd like to thank Evenflo and the One2One Network for providing me with the car seat to review.