Just as I suspected, with my mom's visit I haven't had a second to blog this week. Luckily, I have this lovely guest post from my bloggy friend Kim. Check it out!
A Moving Story's Beach Bag Packing List!
2. Flip Flops. Fun flip-flops are an essential element for any day at the beach. I love Old Navy's annual $1 sale and always stock up. You can never have too many pair of flip flops to protect your feet from the hot sand!
3. Plastic Water Bottle. I prefer to pack a reusable water bottle. Normally, I stuff it with ice and allow it to melt throughout the day so I have cold water all day. It's really important to stay hydrated when you're in the sun!
4. Beach Towel. There are two camps of beach-goers: beach towel people and beach blanket people. I prefer to tan and relax alone--so I'm not a fan of the beach blanket, which involves sharing. I like to swim, shower and relax on the sand and an oversized beach towel is perfect for that!
5. Zippered Pouch. I use a zippered pouch to hold my essential items like my keys and my cash. A little zippered pouch makes bathroom and restaurant runs easy.
6. Sunglasses. Although I swear by my Maui Jim's, I never bring them to the beach. We play in the water, the sand, and I'm pretty famous for accidentally sitting on my glasses or forgetting them someplace. I usually bring cheap sunglasses so that replacing them isn't heartbreaking!
7. Wet Swimsuit Bag. I love to swim, but I can't stand wet clothes touching the other items in my bag! I pack a waterproof, washable bag to avoid wet clothes ruining my snacks and other clothing. My favorite wet bag is the the Ditty bag with me because it has a handy drawstring and is plastic lined.
8. Trash Bags. I always bring trash bags because we usually pack a picnic and I like to leave the beach as clean as we found it!
9. Lip Balm. I'm a big fan of eos lip balm because it has a light fragrance and is soothing--and because the lip balm doesn't turn, it doesn't break and fall in the sand!
10. Baby Wipes. This is an essential item: from wiping off sand and sweat to managing sticky fingers baby wipes are important.
11. Sunscreen. Be sure to spend time in the sun responsibly. The sun's rays are harmful and nothing is more uncomfortable than a sun burn! Protect your skin
12. Healthy Snacks. I like to pack better-for-you snacks when I'm at the beach. Healthy snacks like fruit and yogurt can be tough to find at the beach.
13. Beach Cover-Up. I am always hungry. And even when I bring a bag full of snacks from home, I rely on my cover-up so that I can hike to the snack shack and have lunch!
What about you? When you visit the beach what are your must have items? Please tell me in the comments below!!