Christmas is just around the corner! EEEEEEKK! Before having kids of my own, I was always clueless when it came to buying gifts for my family or friends' children. Well, I'm hoping to help some of ya'll who find yourself in similar situations by creating a few of these age-appropriate "Gift Guides." So here are some great gift ideas for the two-year-olds in your life!
1. Puzzles- One thing I asked for when Eva turned 2 was puzzles! She just loves putting them together, and they are a great learning opportunity. So far we've collected these Alphabet and Number puzzles from Melissa & Doug, this Mermaid Dress Up puzzle (also from M&D), and this Fishing Puzzle game (also from M&D, actually... they seem to be the puzzle people).
2. Shape, Model, and Mold Kit (for Play Dough)- Eva is obsessed with play dough. Even though it can be messy, I love encouraging her to create things with it.
3. Little Helper Broom Set- Eva used to always try to steal my broom from me when I was sweeping, so when I saw this broom set that was just the right size for her I knew I had to get it. Now she's my little helper. :)
4. Fisher-Price Doodle Pro Classic Doodler- Who didn't have one of these growing up? This is great when I don't feel like supervising Eva with actual markers and crayons. It's also perfect for road trips.
5. Little Tikes EasyScore Basketball Set- Also a classic toy. We don't have one of these at home, but there is one at Eva's pre-school and she loves it.
6. Dress Up Sets- It doesn't have to be Halloween to dress up! Eva loves dressing up for imaginative play almost everyday. The possibilities are endless. There are these awesome dress up trunks for little princesses, or these Fireman outfits for boys (or girls, too!). I'm always finding cute costumes super cheap on GroopDealz as well.
7. Duplo Legos- I almost always get a set of legos as a gift when I'm going to Eva's friend's birthday parties. Why? Beacuse you can never have too many legos.
8. Little Tikes Shopping Cart- My mom bought Eva this one and it was a big hit. She loves walking around our house with it, putting random things in it. It goes great with the KidKraft kitchen listed below, too.
9. Big Wheels Beginnier's Tricycle- We bought Eva a real bike with training wheels but it's still pretty complex for her. We decided to downgrade to the Big Wheels, which I think is much easier for two-year-olds. I remember being a kid on the playground and it was always an accomplishment for kids to get their hands on one because they were ALWAYS TAKEN! Do you remember this or was this just at my pre-school? Also, I seem to remember the weirdest things.
10. KidKraft Train Table- This is a toy that Eva doesn't have but I have quite a few friends with boys who swear by this table.
11. TeePee Tent- Eva doesn't have this one either, but I've been dying to either buy her one or make her one myself. After I created the graphic above, I realized my blogger buddy Misty sells them on her Etsy page, so go check those out too!
12. KidKraft Kitchen- This is the "splurge gift" that Eva DOES have, and let me tell you, it was well worth the money. Eva uses her kitchen every ingle day, whether it is to make me breakfast or hide stuff she shouldn't be playing with. I'm always finding random things in her washing machine, lol.
What are your 2-year-old's favorite toys?